Florida Bass Fishing Techniques
HOW TO CATCH BASS
“The Most Intelligent Freshwater Fish”
- Shallow Areas
- Freshwater Ponds, Reservoirs, Slow Rivers, and Lakes
WHERE TO LOOK:
- Changes in Bottom Depth
- Covered Areas & Structures
---- Vegetation Brush
---- Submerged Trees
WHAT TO USE: Try using Live Bait and Artificial Lures!
Minnows Soft Plastics- Frogs, Crayfish, and Lizards
NOTE: Crankbaits and Spoons act like live Shiners and Shad!
TECHNIQUES & GEAR:
- In Murky water or low visibility use Crankbaits to create vibrations in the water and get Bass to strike.
- If you see Bass feeding and actively swimming or chasing baitfish, use larger baits or lures.
- If Bass appear inactive, entice them from deep hiding with smaller bait and slower presentation.
- Try different Freshwater Rods and Reels that work with your bait of choice!
**REMEMBER: YOU MUST HAVE A FISHING LICENSE **
- A recreational fishing license is required for any person age 16 or above.
- Most recreational fishing licenses expire one year from the date issued.
PURCHASE BY PHONE: 888-FISH-FLORIDA (347-4356)
**NOTE: FLORIDA FREE FISHING DAYS APRIL 7-8**
-No License Required
-A great way to introduce Fishing to Family, Children, and Friends!
NOT FISHING IN FLORIDA...
Check out this interactive map for Fishing and License information all over the United States.