Hatch 11 PLUS GEN 2 FINATIC Fly Reels
Available: In stock
On orders over $99
I'd rather be fishing
The goal was to create a larger reel that bridged the gap between the 9 and 12 Plus models. We also wanted to make sure it had an oversized handle for greater grip control when fighting those big silver critters. The mid arbor option is also great for spey rods from 13.5–14.5 feet.
Four features to the New Gen 2 Finatic Series
New Lip Seals + Bearings
- Hatch adds more and better seals to the new Gen 2 series with the added lip seal and sealed bearing. Combing these two seals keeps moisture out of the drag housing for years of trouble free performance.
New Handle and Counterbalance
- By adding a Ultraflon sleeve to the handle shaft and counterbalance the chances for corrosion in these two critical spots has been greatly reduced.
New Nine Window Design
- By adding more ported windows to the frame design and machining the inside to a concave surface the new Gen 2 Finatics are now lighter without sacrificing strength or structural integrity.
New Mist Finish
- The new Mist Finish from Hatch smooths out the edges and machining while giving the reel a non-reflective finish for improved on-the-water stealth.
- Body: Finatic Gen 2
- Spool: Large Arbor
- Finish: Type 2 Anodize
- Line Weights: 11-12
- Species: Billfish, GT, Tarpon
- Diameter: 4.625"
- Width: 1.5"
- Weight: 11.28 oz
- Made in USA
Hatch's multi-disc drag system provides exceptional stopping power that is exceptionally smooth - designed and made to exceed expectations whether you are fly fishing trout in Montana or battling saltwater leviathans in bluewater. The Hatch fly reel drag system is a cassette that is comprised of Rulon and precision stamped stainless steel discs. This multi-disc design applies braking pressure and heat dispersion over several surfaces - start up inertia and stick slip problems are virtually eliminated with this design.
Hatch Gen 2 Finatic Improvements
CRANKS & COUNTERBALANCE
Gen 2 Finatic reels now feature an Ultraflon sleeve covering the aluminum shaft of the handle that separates it from the aluminum crank handle. This material and design will eliminate any chance of corrosion between the two points - your crank handle will spin effortlessly virtually forever.
Hatch Gen 2 Finatic fly fishing reels now feature 9 windows (compared to the 7 of the previous generation). The less immediately visible change is the surface inside of the frame is now concave. The addition of two arms in the frame allows the concave surface to reduce weight in the reel while not sacrificing any strength.
LIP SEALS & BEARINGS
Anglers are spending more and more time in the water pursuing their quarry, making drag sealing more important (especially in harsh environments like saltwater). Newly improved lip seals and sealed bearings are now standard in Hatch Gen 2 Finatic fly fishing reels to create an effective and reliable system to keep your drag functioning as it should under all conditions.
|Finatic Gen 2|
|Type 2 Anodize|
|Clear/Blue, Clear/Green, Clear/Red, Clear/Black, Black/Silver, Gray/Black|
30# Hatch Dacron Backing: LA WF11F-275Y, WF12F-250Y; MA WF11F-360Y, WF12F-340Y, 68#
Hatch Premium Backing: LA WF11F-400Y, WF12F-360Y; MA WF11F-500Y, WF12F-450Y
|Large Arbor, Mid Arbor|
|Billfish, GT, Tarpon|